I know it’s a silly cheesy name, but the LOVE shoot is all about just that: It's about showing your LOVE in front of the camera and LOVE comes in all different forms, not just the kissing, smoochy bits. It's about laughing, being silly, tickling, having fun and then some more laughing. It’s probably something that you do naturally anyway, but doing it on camera is a bit different and can be very scary. It really doesn't have to be. Most couples I photograph HATE having their photos taken (ME TOO!), but I just want us to have some fun and I have a few tricks up my sleeve to help with that.
Some tips and suggestions for the LOVE shoot:
- Wear clothes that you love wearing and that make you feel great but comfortable. Some things that don't work are logos and stripes or checks - as they can go a bit fuzzy. Also, try and match each other's level of dress....One of you all dolled up and the other in sweat pants might look a bit odd... But hey, Im ok with it if you are! Some brides-to-be like to get their hair and make up done beforehand, but you really don't have too. These photos are about making you feel happy and relaxed in front of the camera. So, do whatever makes you feel happy and relaxed!
- The LOVE shoots are a great way for us to get to know each other better, relax more around one another and it will benefit on your actual wedding day. I don’t like overly posed photos, I will find some great light with a lovely background and will tell you where to stand and what looks good, but the rest is up to you! I might also tell you some jokes, so be warned!
- More than anything I want you to have some fun! Be playful, be silly and laugh out loud! The more you are responsive to each other, the better the photos.
- Relax! No one will ever have to see these photos if you don’t want them to, so what have you got to lose?
- Did I mention the bit about having fun ? That’s it – easy huh!
Some featured galleries...